Love your car right? But do you have full comprehensive car insurance as an expat in Thailand?
Compare Return helps you compare the market with the biggest insurance brokers in Thailand.
Traffic and road use in Thailand is unpredictable and chaotic therefore having a good Car Insurance in Thailand is very important. No matter how competent your driving skills are, how frequently you drive or what distances you travel, you will at some point need good Car Insurance. If you get involved in an accident, it will be good to know you have 24 hour service and support available by phone. We work with many insurance who can provide our customers with the highest level of coverage for their vehicles. They also take care of claims in an efficient and professional manner.
Car Insurance in Thailand: Summary
● Compulsory (CTPL): This is compulsory insurance which every motor vehicle in Thailand must have. This insurance only covers for bodily injury or death. Third party property damage is not covered. Because of the minimal coverage, it is very risky to only have this insurance.
Voluntary Insurance Types:
● 3rd class: This insurance is similar to third-party liability insurance. It covers third party property damage and medical expenses. There is also coverage for medical expenses for the driver and passengers of your own vehicle. It also includes bail bond.
● 2nd class: This insurance coverage includes the cover in 3rd class and also theft and fire damage cover for your own vehicle.
● 3 + 1: This insurance includes the cover from 3rd class but also damage to your own vehicle up to the sum insured. Damage to your own vehicle will only be covered in case of a collision with another motor vehicle where the identity of the other party is known. This insurance does not cover an accident where no other party is involved or if the identity of the other party is unknown.
● 2 + 1: This insurance covers the same as 3 + 1, but also fire and theft of your vehicle is covered.
1st class: This insurance is also known as fully comprehensive insurance. First-Class insurance is the most comprehensive cover and often the best option and relatively cheap.
First Class insurance notes:
● Check the maximum coverage
● First-Class insurance that only covers only 500,000 Thai Baht for third party property damage could cause you issues in the case of a collision with an expensive vehicle